March 11, 2009

Weight loss program

I am desparate to be accepted into a weight loss program at a local hospital. Part of the process is to complete a physical. I went to have my physical on Thursday.

I failed the EKG.

I was really stunned. I have been under a cardiologist's care for a while for high blood pressure (a side effect of PCOS and being overweight of course). My EKGs at his office have always been fine.

They sent me for a treadmill stress test, which I did on Monday. Guess what? I FAILED THAT TOO! So I had to go back yesterday for another round complete with radio-tracer being injected in my veins, resting CT scan, another session on the treadmill, and then a follow-up CT scan. I hope to have the results soon.

Of course, I'm praying that it all comes back fine. But this just serves to confirm that I MUST do something to get my weight and PCOS under control before they ruin my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment