March 30, 2009

MWMP - week 2

Tonight I had my second weekly meeting at the MWM Program. The topic of conversation tonight was self-talk. It was quite helpful and motivational. The general idea is to BE POSITIVE! If you tell yourself you can't do something, then you won't do it. So we talked about ways to turn the negative thoughts into positive ones. Examples were:

Negative: I've only lost 10 lbs and I don't look any different.
Positive: I'm 10 lbs closer to my goal!

Negative: I look awful.
Positive: I'm looking better every day that I stick to the program.

I've caught myself thinking negative thoughts a few times but now I feel more motivated to keep those negative thoughts away. I am strong. I am able to do this program. There are no good reasons not to comply with the boundaries that are set.

I'm doing this for myself and my kids and I'm a better person and I'm a stronger person because I'm making the changes I need to make to be healthy.

Enough said.

No comments:

Post a Comment