May 5, 2009

6 weeks later

Six weeks into the program, I'm down 26.5 pounds and I feel better than I have in a long time. This week was a little disappointing. I only lost 1.8 pounds. My counselor advised me to drink even more water and see if it helps. I've been getting about 75-80 ozs a day, but they want me to drink half my body weight - 115 ozs at this point. So I'm going to step it up some in the water department.

They also advised me to exercise a little less. It seems counterproductive, doesn't it? But while only taking in 800 calories a day, if I exercise too much, my body will start to think I'm starving and really slow down my metabolism. So I'm going to slow down on the walking. It's just hard because I have so much energy! I really want to walk a lot! Of course once I start eating food again, they will want me to exercise a lot more. I just have to be patient until that time comes.

Until next week....if you're looking for me I'll probably be in the bathroom after drinking so much water!

No comments:

Post a Comment